Laduree Pastel Hair Colours (wash out).
I first caught glimse of this in Marie Claire. They have a how to DIY video on their site using Kevin Murphy Colour Bugs:
but it didnt look like the model’s hair in their shoot was created from this product which only comes in 3 colours - pink, purple & orange. Colour Bugs are described as a chalk product which when worked onto a spray on hair styling product (to wet the hair & allow the product to stick) creates streaks of colour even on dark hair.
HOWEVER, the products have that pretty packaged price tag & more importantly are very limiting on colour……
That’s where art oil pastels come in…..
It’s called HAIR CHALKING & here are several helpful blogs with how to’s & links to videos:
Seemingly Rembrandt chalks are the best (avaliable from Amazon .com & .co.uk) worked onto water sprayed hair & then curled or straightened.
What tips did I pick up…..
- Wear gloves
- Put a towel around your shoulders or wear an old T-shirt
- Allow time!
- Be prepared to wipe the oil off your stylers, so have a spare towel handy.
- Dry shampoo worked over the colours will mute them.
- Brushing the hair through with lighten the effect.
- Curling the hair with intensify the way the colour looks.
- Spray hair spray on the finished look to help keep the colour.
Or for blondes looking for permenant colour, check this out:
I LOVE THIS IDEA FOR SHOOTS OR TO DO ONCE IN A BLUE MOON TO GO OUT <3